Monday 10 November 2014

Crunchy&Crispy Chickpeas


 
These hadn't even cooled down yet before I started pecking at the chickpeas with my fingers and devouring them one by one. As I caressed my now slightly burnt fingers, Antonie called out that he could hear me crunching away (and he was far away in the study). I took him some and then, jointly, we munched away in one melodious crunch.
 
Ingredients:
- 1 tin chickpeas
- olive oil
- seasoning of choice
 
The How to:
1) Drain and wash chickpeas and dry with paper towel.
2) Thinly coat with olive oil.
3) Roast at 200°C for 30min (it should be golden brown and Crispy and Crunchy, if it is still soft, leave it for another 3 minutes and check it again).
4) Add seasoning of choice (we used salt and braai-salt).
 
Healthy, and so good when hot out the oven. Try not devour it on your own (they are beans after all).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment